With PTE 84088 we got asteroids and some great new mod APIs, and with this update we’re getting some updates to asteroids and even more cool updates to the modding APIs. As ever, check our guide on how to install the PTE, and head over to the official thread to give your feedback to Uber.
- Adjusted the slow down of impacting asteroids
- Minor adjustments to planet explosion and impact effects
- Updated the asteroid belt effect to use the new “infinite” (-1) particle lifetime
- AI can now use asteroids
- AI can now handle combat on smaller planets better
- AI will launch asteroids at other asteroids, under certain conditions
- Adding a modding API for controlling server-side camera culling
- Added support for specifying the world view to the time API
- Added generic, world-space unit order JS API
- Holodeck raycast JS API
- Allows casting rays (optionally multiple per call) in holodeck screen space against terrain, units, and features
- Added the order & build queues to api.WorldView.getUnitState output.
Other elements discovered by the community.
- Asteroids no longer have craters; I’m guessing this an optimization to reduce csg build time (unless it was the ‘low spots’ they were talking about)
- New attribute planet_effect_spec (sun)
- Player guide html internally reformatted – updates brewing?
- Anybody mucking with mouse handlers on holodecks will need to account for scaled ui.
- Interesting stuff in order API – build vs. factory_build, attack vs. attack_ground, and link_teleporters. Some minor tele management might be possible now, although critical information on linking is limited to an energy status saying if it’s linked to anything at all.
- Option exists in settings as “GUI Size”
- Players have a slider that allows them to adjust the size of the UI to their liking
- Potential celestial targets are marked with red circles instead of blue/green circles
- Fixed the shader error on mac which was leading to crashes on asteroid systems
- Update buttons for offline unavailable, offline disabled, and graphics crash, as well as fix close window button on dialog
- Fix for failing to land on asteroids in the low spots
- Fix for possibly losing a command if the command is given during freeze time
- Fix for typo in AI: NetalStorageFrac vs MetalStorageFrac
- Added new music cue which is triggered when targeting an asteroid or the annihilaser
- Removed some error log spamming related to Asteroid brushes not existing and particle lifetime being too long
- Fix for missing asteroid shadow shader warning
- Fix for asteroids showing as grey sometimes. (Default biome color was set to moon grey, now asteroid colored.)
- Fix metal planet sound happening on planet smash
- Fix for larger asteroid belt chunks not rendering normal maps
- Fixed planet smashes playing the sound effect twice in certain situations
- Fixed gas giants and far away planets from getting odd clipped edges on their lighting
- Fix for “him or me” achievement. Also fixes a bug where the wrong planet selection index was being used
- The fog of war effect is applied to the asteroid belt when zoomed in on a planet