If you’ve been following the PTE releases then there should be no surprises here. There are a lot of crash and AI fixes and updates bundled into this hotfix, and it resolves a critical Linux bug.
- Orbital teleports are inactive for a few seconds after entering orbit.
- Update to the neural network for Classic mode.
- Toned down the AI’s nuke happy nature.
- The AI should always be expanding its economy.
- The AI now has a shutdown path to clean stuff up better.
- AI will now create and destroy planet managers as needed.
- Adjusted AI commander behavior a bit to keep it from doing nothing.
- Improved the way the AI updates planet manager statuses.
- Improved the way the AI calculates its main economy planet.
- Improved the perf overhead of updating AI base deploy data.
- Added some new cheap build conditions to test for platoon build items before we do the more costly canFindPlaceToAttack.
- AI perf improvements to finding a place to attack.
- AI should be less flippy floppy about what fabbers are assisting.
- Improved AI Land and Orbital interplanetary assistance calculations.
- Improved the way the AI chooses where to expand.
- AI will build a bit more defenses.
- AI should no longer attempt to build Halleys, Catalysts, or Ragnaroks if an ally already has one or more of them on the planet.
- AI will now use the average max range for keeping targets at range.
- This will help the AI keep as much DPS as possible in range of the target.
- Fix for the AI getting stuck not sending out attacks due to the AI’s factory rally point being inside wreckage.
- The AI will now disband units into the general squad.
- Improved AI stuck detection for air based platoons.
- More work on fixing issues preventing the AI from sending attacks.
- Minor fixes to AI threat response.
- Fix for issue in the AI where the recon gone state was not being handled.
- Added an AI placement buffer value to the Ragnarok.
- AI will no longer build the Ragnarok or the land/air titans on asteroids.
- Added threat checks for the Orbital and Structure titan build items.
- Fix for AI not clearing build items when a factory dies.
- Fix for AI commander getting stuck if it was in danger as it teleported.
- Added landing zone options to the AI in the lobby
- If a system allows multi-planet spawns, you can force the AI to spawn on the same planet as a player, or on a planet with no players.
- If the conditions are impossible, the AI will ignore the restrictions.
- The option should only appear if the planet supports multi planet spawns.
- Fix for AI checking Support Commander affordability against the advanced bot fabber.
- Fixes for orbital unit damage upgrades in galactic war
- Units that are sent as a single interplanetary move order arrive spread out.
- If a user made a mod that issued unique move orders across an entire planet it’d work fine and there’d be nothingwe could do to stop it.
- Distribution isn’t even because createCelestialMoveTask is called before all units are added to the order. But it’s good enough for now.
- orbital_arrival_radius and orbital_arrival_unit_radius are defined in nav.json. They can be tweaked to fudge things around.
- AI influence map perf improvements.
- Added a draw call limit to the virtual texture processing.
- Helps limit the amount of time spent rendering virtual texture pages.
- Also helps reduce the amount of memory allocated to virtual texturing in texture buffers.
- More nav perf improvements, mainly in sweep waves.
- Fix for loading classic saved games
- The saved games browser will now show saved games for both classic and titans, regardless of current mode.
- Titans saved games will be marked with an indicator.
- If you attempt to load a game that doesn’t match your current mode, you will be prompted to switch to that mode.
- The main menu ‘load latest save button’ will not show a save if you would have to switch modes to load it.
- Editing landing zones will also lock in the position of metal spots (that way they will not be repositioned after you finish editing the landing zones).
- Added restrictions to the bounty mode modifier. Values must be within [0.1, 1.0]
- Add an #id to the Uberbar options button
- Revamp panel ordering to ensure consistent ordering even with child panels.
- New order, starting from the top-most panel:
- Video Player
- New order, starting from the top-most panel:
- Don’t accept input for the game panel until splash is dismissed.
- Removed some variables that were no longer needed.
- Fix for AI crash in land teleport to planet task.
- Fix for resource leak related to trees and rocks.
- Fix certain characters in your user name causing games to not start.
- Fix for PA owners getting error about “commander_step.pfx” failing to load.
- Fix for AI crash if the AI receives a killed unit message for a unit assigned to a planet manager that has been destroyed.
- Fix the “Architecth” achievement requiring the orbital radar unit.
- Fixed a bug where time spent as a spectator was not counting towards the relevant Steam achievements.
- Fix for the bug on Linux that caused certain menus to become unclickable.
- Mesh rendering behavioral change to help track down mesh culling crash.
- Fix for units not leaving wreckage upon loading a saved game.
- Fix for the default LOD group not getting set for mesh instances that are added during the frame.
- Fix for client mesh instance crash caused by units transitioning between planets.
- Added kickstarter backer name to credits list and their planets names to the planet list.
- Fix issue where planes that begin a new move order after moving over CSG would do a slow vertical take off rather than move forward.
- Fix a crash that could occur on save/load due to uninitialized memory.
- Fix some bad perf situations on client.
- Fix for unnecessary nav overhead on the client.
- Fix for uv scrolling behavior on units. Now materials are only updated when the unit is moving.
- Fix for AI crash in transport to planet task if a planet gets destroyed during the loading step.
- Added “anti_entity_targets_units” to weapon specs to speed up anti-entity weapons that do not target units.
- Refactored auto repair task to speed it up a bit.
- Shared armies will no longer self destruct after 10 minutes if one of the players disconnects. The army will only self destruct if all the players in the shared army disconnect.
- Orbital Teleporter work:
- Update orbital teleporter to use new inCircle function that evenly distributes points across area
- There is a new stock mod for PAX. It seems to require a manually launched local server (I assume they had an infinite loop which restarted as soon as it finished) It has it’s own ui_mod_list.js and won’t work with regular UI mods. Even with them off, I get stuck on Loading Solar System.
- AI spawn selection is in server script.
- Possible new AI conditions