Build 76766 has just been moved from PTE to live. Primarily focused on bugfixing and polish, it features some improvements to the AI and a faster and more responsive lobby list. Uber have advised that due to heavy demand they are spinning up additional servers, so if you encounter an issue starting a new lobby or joining a game please be patient and try again.
A key change is that you will be hidden from the ladder rankings if you haven’t played in the last seven days. You won’t lost your rating, you just won’t be visible to other players and will no longer show as having a rank. Once you play a game you will regain a rank on the ladder. For those of you returning to the ladder, or who want to give it a try, be sure to check out our guide to the Planetary Annihilation pyramid, a list of essential skills to master no matter your rank.
You may have seen tvinita in Twitch chat recently if you’ve been watching any player streams. He is the individual at Uber Entertainment responsible for balance, and he’s asking for your feedback on the changes to naval released as part of the previous patch. There’s more planned, so let him know your thoughts.
As ever, be sure to check PAMM for any updates to your mods following this patch.
- If player is inactive for 7 or more days, you will no longer show up on Leaderboards
- Current game list should have improved responsiveness (changed games list to make use of compression to reduce bandwidth requirements).
- Improved server browser behavior (sorting is now by time arrived instead of by game name)
- Adjusted start position for Unit Cannon so it looks right
- Umbrella adjusted for visual improvements
- New icons for nuke and anti-nuke ammo to reflect current color scheme
- Naval Umbrella redesigned to better match visuals of land version
- Art pass for Holkins (land and naval)
- New build bar icon for Holkins to match new look
- Server backend perf tweaks
- Improved support for non English alphabets in directory names
- Improvements on path handling overall
- Crash logging improvements
- Fixed a bug on player surrender
- AI fabbers will now try to avoid building where they are standing (should fix long delay for AI to start doing stuff at start of game)
- Neural net data updated
- AI will prioritize areas where a commander is present
- Nav crash fix
- AI fix for building too many fabbers
- AI now anticipates upcoming economy income for area builds
- AI should expand faster
- AI will no longer believe Dox can attack while underwater
- Minor changes on how AI prioritizes planets
- Added stuck detection for AI platoons attempting to use a teleporter
- AI now will use “Feeder Planets” when available to safely store units and feed them into more dangerous zones of battle
- Layout polish on Kickstarter dialog
- Recent contacts in chat list are now sortable
- Opening new player guide when you are playing against AI will pause the game
- Water depth parameter in editor
- My planets now work with custom planets
- Can now delete more than 1 landing spot in editor